Bladder Cancer Therapy
Cancer » Bladder Cancer » Bladder Cancer Therapy
Bladder cancer has become one of the most common types of cancer in recent times. The bladder is a hollow and a muscular organ present in the human body. The main function of the urinary bladder is to collect the urine which is excreted from the kidneys before its elimination. The location of the bladder is on the pelvic floor. The urine exits the bladder through the urethra and enters into the bladder through the ureters.
Bladder cancer means the multiplying of the abnormal cells without any control in the bladder. It is one of the most common types of cancer. That is the reason why there are many bladder cancer therapy options available to people.
Bladder cancer therapy:
The therapy depends on the stage and damage caused by the cancer. The bladder cancer therapy options are mentioned below precisely.
- Surgery: A surgery is done in which the cancer is removed. Surgery along with chemotherapy or radiation therapy is one of the most common therapies used to treat the bladder cancer.
- Chemotherapy: It is a therapy option in which the cancer cells are killed using the medicines. The chemotherapy may be done after or before the surgery.
- Immunotherapy: In the therapy of immunotherapy, the body's natural defense, the immune system is used. The immune system attacks the bladder cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy: In the radiation therapy, high energy rays or high dose X rays are used which destroys the cancer cells.
- (TUR) Transurethral resection: This type of treatment is done to remove the large amount of early-stage bladder tumors which enter deeply in the tissues without spreading outside the bladder
Bladder cancer symptoms:
It is observed that there are certain signs and symptoms that show the presence of the cancer in an individual's bladder. The symptoms are:
Bladder cancer causes:
- UTI (Urinary tract infection): A frequent infection in the urinary tract is a symptom of bladder cancer. The patient is expected to consult his doctor as early as possible.
- Abdominal pain: A pain in the lower abdomen indicates that there is something wrong with the patient's health. There are possibilities that this pain can be a symptom of bladder cancer.
- Hematuria: Presence of blood in the urine or while urinating is the most important sign showing that there can be presence of cancer in the bladder of the patient
- Frequent urge to urinate: The person faces a situation where he feels the urge to urinate very frequently even though his bladder is empty
There are certain reasons behind every disease which are responsible for the cause of that disease. Some of the bladder cancer causes are stated below.
- Cigarette smoking: The presence of the chemicals and nicotine in the cigarettes makes them very harmful. The people who smoke cigarettes are affected by the toxic substance. Cigarette is one of the most common causes for bladder cancer.
- Chemical exposure: People who exposed to toxic chemicals such as the chemicals used during manufacturing of dyes, rubber, paints, plastic etc, are very likely to develop the cancer in their bladder.
- Defects in the bladder: Some have a defect in their bladder since the time of their birth. Such people can easily get affected by the cancer caused in the bladder as their immunity is not so high.
In order to live a disease free life, every individual must consult the doctor if he finds his health is not going smooth. There are therapies and treatments made available to people for proper treatment measures.
Similarly, the individuals who encounter the bladder cancer symptoms in them should consult their doctor at the right time to undergo proper bladder cancer therapies to avoid risk in their life.