Bowel Cancer Early Signs
Cancer » Bowel Cancer » Bowel Cancer Early Signs
Bowel cancer is the cancer that affects primarily the large intestine and should be treated as soon as it is detected. This type of cancer is a very common type and affects mostly people above the age of 60 years. This is a cancer which is not very difficult to treat depending upon the stage it is detected in. One should never ignore any of the signs of the body which is a sudden change. This cancer is way more common in the western part of the globe rather than the Asian and the African sub-continent. The average count of this illness is close to 40,000 cases every year. This is a rare disease before the age of 45 years. It is also known as colorectal cancer. This cancer mostly occurs in the colon otherwise rarely in the rectum. This cancer is a very common cause of deaths in the United Kingdom.
Bowel cancer early signs
Bowel cancer early signs can be divided into 2 phases: Local and systematic.
There are also times when a person feels that he does not have an empty bowel but has just been out of the washroom. This is a very common sign of
- Early signs of bowel cancer in the local phases are:
- Constipation: Constipation in basic terms means that there is difficulty in passing of bowels. A lot of strain is put on this activity.
- Diarrhea: Bowel cancer causes a lot of wetness in the stools. Most of the times, the patients suffering from this illness are facing the problem of watery stools.
- Thin stools: This happens when a person flushes out stools which are as thin as a pencil or a stick. There is always an urge to pass out more stools but it gets difficult to do so.
- Changes in the habits of bowel: This can be either more than usual or less than usual. These changes should never be neglected and should be taken into consideration.
- Blood in the stools: This means that there is dark red color blood that is passed out of the body when stools are flushed out. This is also called as "tarry" stools.
- Early signs of bowel cancer in the systematic phase are as follows:
- Sudden loss of weight: This happens when there is sudden decline of the weight in the body. This will take place even if there is no physical activity involved in the whole day.
- A feeling of nausea and vomiting: This is also very common as this issue is related to stomach. Urge to vomit frequently is present in most of the cases suffering from bowel cancer. This is one of the most common bowel cancer early signs.
- Anemia: This is caused due to the loss of blood cells in the body. This is also caused if the iron content is low in the red blood cells of the body.
- Jaundice: Jaundice makes the skin of the individual yellow. The white part in the eye also turns yellow or a pale color when someone acquires jaundice.
These early signs of bowel cancer start showing in the people who have crossed the age of 50 and are on the verge of acquiring colon cancer. They should do the screening of their issues which occurs due to any change in the body. This will help them to stop the development of polyps which if not treated in time could turn out to be cancerous. There are many cancer screening guidelines which are updated after regular intervals by the health organizations and one should have a look at them from time to time. Early signs of cancer are nothing but screening of the developing cancer.
Bowel cancer care can be executed effectively if supported by apt breakthroughs.