Metastatic Cancer Care
Cancer » Metastatic Cancer » Metastatic Cancer Care
Cancer patients find themselves depressed and under the burden of negative thoughts. Coping with some medical conditions becomes easier if the patients stays happy and gather a will to stay healthy by taking care of their diet and health. To get positive results of the metastatic cancer treatment, taking care of the patient before, during and after the treatment of cancer is a significant move. Check out for some metastatic cancer care tips that will help one to cope with the disease effectively.
Metastatic cancer care tips:
- Hydration and healthy diet: Healthy diet and drinks contribute to the arsenal during treatment. They not only help to build up a good strength and stamina but also help ease the side effects of the treatments. Include plant proteins (beans, legumes, mushrooms) which are simple to digest as compared to the foods obtain from the animals (meats). If you include meat in your diet, avoid processed ones with nitrates. In addition to this, include milk, eggs, and cheese, or sauces in to your diet since they help to regain and maintain the body weight. Having foods which include sauces of some fat content also contribute in gaining weight. Since the metastatic cancer treatment is very drying, drink around 8 glasses of water every day. Avoid use of caffeine or alcohol. In case of constipation use frozen blueberries, strawberries and yogurt. Having puddings and gelatin are more digestive.
- Regular exercise: Gentle body activities during the treatment such as a little walk on regular basis, can help the patient prevent anemia by increasing the red blood corpuscles count and capacity of the patient to intake oxygen. Once your treatment is over, increasing the exercise gradually assists to ease fatigue and rebuild and tone the body muscles. Try meditation to avoid negative thoughts, yoga, swimming, tai chi or water aerobics to avoid stress and stay fit.
- Ask for spiritual aid: Other than the problems caused by your cancer treatment, you have thoughts, feelings and a spirit. If you like to get involved in the faith groups, ask for prayers or join the metastatic cancer support groups. Try mediation to lower down your stress and relax, it also helps to get a sound sleep.
- Get educated, join a support group: Becoming educated about your medical condition s a helpful step. Metastatic cancer research online or read books that reveal the same cancer condition as yours. This not only assists you understand your cancer but will also help to make some modifications in your lifestyle to cope with this situation. Join the support groups where you can share or exchange your experiences and thoughts about your cancer. Taking a second opinion is a supportive option during metastatic cancer care. Researching on internet is the ideal way to collect more information about your diagnosis and treatment options. Do not hesitate to ask any type of question to your doctor and the support groups that you have joined.
- Take care of your hair and skin: Metastatic cancer treatment can be very drying, so taking extra care during this duration becomes essential. Taking care of your hair and skin contributes to the metastatic cancer care. Use good quality moisturizing soap and creams, blot your skin after bath in gentle manner (do not rub harshly). Use sunscreen while moving into the direct exposure to sun. Apply gentle shampoo to hair as they need a special care after the treatment, (many metastatic cancer causes hair loss at large extent).Ask your doctor or health care provider about some therapies that will help you grow your hair back. Consulting doctors and other patients with similar medical condition as yours can be helpful to get tips to take care of yourself post metastatic cancer treatment.
- How to get away from it all?: Treatment of any cancer in provided in cycles, so the patient can plan for some change from the regular visits to the clinic. You can use those mini intervals to refresh yourself by planning for a mini vacation, such as trip to nearby location, or a retreat center, any concert or some art museum. Having such plans during your treatment intervals can work best to get rid of the pain and stress due to the harsh treatments you are undergoing. Read books, watch movies to avoid the thoughts of the side effects.
Going through the journey of cancer involves a lot of potential to stay fit along with harsh treatments and the pain involved with it. If you are working, pursuing a dream or raising a family, set some priorities in your life and think about surviving from this fatal condition. Consult your doctor, read some books and make research that will help you get essential tips related to the metastatic cancer care.