Tonsil Cancer Awareness
Cancer » Tonsil Cancer » Awareness
Tonsil cancer awareness is very much necessary because this is a cancer which does not show many early signs. This is a rare cancer which occurs in the oral cavity of the individual. This is a cancer which at a later stage starts to affect the neck and the head of the individual. This cancer should be treated on time because it starts to metastasize after stage 3 and is very difficult to remove the cancer. Tonsil cancer occurs in the area which is located in the back of the throat. This cancer is difficult to see and only some lump or sores can be felt. When such type of feeling starts for a long duration one should visit their doctor on time and should get a check up done as soon as possible.
Many a times, a person may have tonsil cancer, but may say he has the following cancer: -
- Voice box cancer
- Neck cancer
- Throat cancer
- Gullet cancer
- Mouth cancer
- Hard palate cancer
- Gum cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Head cancer
Types of tonsil cancers:-
An individual must be aware of the various types of tonsil cancers which one can develop in the body:
- Carcinoma in situ: -In this type, the cells start to become cancerous in nature and but do not go beyond the cancerous site.
- Hyperplasia: - This is a form of cancer where in there are many cells present in the area of the throat. The cells are present in a quantity which is more than normal but the look and the size of the cells is normal.
- Invasion: - As the name suggests, the cells burst out and invade in the surrounding blood vessels and tissues. This is a state where in these cells can reach other body parts also.
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma: - This is also called as SqCC or SCC. These are flat and very thin in nature and found in the lining of the oropharynx. The name of such type of cells is evolved by looking at the scales of the fish and the snake. These cells resemble the scales of those animals.
- Dysplasia: - This is a type of tonsil cancer where in the cells have changed their size or shape or the cells have increased in number but have not spread outside the tonsil area.
- Lymphoma: - This is the cancerous development which is seen in the lymph nodes of the throat.
- Metastasis: - Metastasis means that the cancer has spread to various other parts of the body as well. This is also termed as the last stage of this cancer. In this stage the mouth, head, neck and the throat become prey of tonsil cancer. The cancerous cells spread to these body parts and make it difficult for a person to stay healthy. This is the type of cancer which causes many deaths because of metastasis. The metastasis of this cancer starts by the stage 3 of this cancer.
Tonsil cancer awareness can also be created by knowing the risk factors of this cancer. The risk factors of tonsil cancer are: -
- High consumption of alcohol
- Chain smoking
- High consumption of tobacco
- Chewing of betel nut
- Consuming a lot of mate, which is a very common and famous drink in the south of America
- A poor diet. Generally, a low consumption of green vegetables and fruits
- infection caused by oral sex (HPV-16)
Tonsil cancer awareness can be created by knowing the causes of tonsil cancer what are the various types of cancers which can occur due this cancer. The main reason for this cancer to be fatal is that this cancer does not show any type of major early signs which help in its detection.